Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Please Excuse...

Please excuse Amy from her blog-posting this summer...

I feel a bit like I need one of those excuse notes my mother used to write when I missed school...

I'm sorry for the disappearance this summer. It's been a little difficult for me to keep up with the blog. Some of you may remember that my husband has been in Korea since May 2009. We thought he would be able to come back to Colorado but unfortunately, that is not the case. Turns out, even federal firefighting jobs are hard to come by this year. He was offered and accepted a position in the Tacoma, WA area. He finally has come back to the states and after a short visit here in Colorado, he left this morning to head to Tacoma.

While I have still been tending my garden (mostly), I have had to focus more on finishing projects around my house, preparing it for sale. It's been hard for me to write about it, as I am sad to have to leave. I have started to write this post several times over the past few weeks but I just wasn't ready to deal with it yet. I will post my end-of-season results once the cold finishes the growing season and I'll try to keep up with my online friends again soon, but I guess until I get my house sold and my new living situation figured out, I may be a little quiet here.

I will be back though- even if I can only garden in containers, I'm not giving it up.

6 comments:

Ribbit said...

Oh Amy, I'm just glad to hear you're okay. I'm sorry you have to move, but hopefully you can find a place with even a better place to garden than you have now.

Alison said...

We moved to the Seattle/Tacoma area two years ago and we love it! It made for a couple of stressful years. Our first year here we lived in a rental house because we weren't sure how quickly our house would sell. Now we have a wonderful house and garden and couldn't be happier! I'm sure you will settle down into a great place too!

meemsnyc said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have to move. i hope things getting better soon.

Kris said...

How disheartening to have to pull up roots (you and your plants) and head off to other climes. But take heart - WA has a better growing season there. I hope your house sells quickly so you can get on with your relocation. Take care...post when you can. *hugs*

Annie*s Granny said...

I love moving! I have looked at every move in my life as an exciting new adventure. I wish I could sell both my homes and move into a mobile home park. The one my daughter manages, 'cause then I could get my son-in-law to do all the yard work for me ;-)

Good luck selling your home, and I hope the move to WA is painless.

Just Jenn said...

Oh Amy, I'm so out of the loop (waves my own excuse note around). I don't think I knew that about your hubby... BUT! Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I'll have to say you won't have to worry much about watering your garden anymore. Hope the (eventual) move goes smoothly and you like where you land.