Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thanks for listening...

Sorry about the whining in my last post. Thanks for "listening" and I appreciate your sympathies. I was having a moment that day...

I know I garden in a challenging environment. Probably why the neighbors looked at me funny when I built the garden (though I'm really glad I did!!). I came across this edition of our little town paper the other day (sadly, it's been hanging around in a pile of stuff since May. It's taken it's proper place in the recycle bin now.) Somehow, this headline gives me a feeling of validation...

Things are looking better out there this week and I replanted beans and peas today. I should still have time for a good crop of bush beans though I hope I'm not too early on the peas. We'll soon see (it's OK if I am, I have more seed...).
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

You're a true blue gardener. March forth and conquer!!

Alison said...

Whine all you want, I understand how you feel. Right now I'm battling raccoons in my garden.

Nothing to do but keep on keeping on. Hope you have some success. Is it really time to replant peas already?

sb158 said...

Hey, think nothing of it! All gardeners need to vent every so often. You should see my whining after the danged hurricane...

There's always something that comes along and screws up the Gardens of Eden we all see in our mind's eye when we start a new garden season. Still we keep trying...What is WRONG with us? LOL!

icebear said...

I think you should frame that title and post it where you keep your garden tools.

I have been battling the usual woodchuck invasion. I avoided it in past years by simply not planting woodchuck attracting plants in my tiny gardens. Now that my space is much bigger i went ahead and planted what i wanted, and so the battle began....

i think weather is a much bigger challenge though... you can't use a havahart trap on hailstones.

meemsnyc said...

Venting is good! You should hear what I say sometimes when I'm frustrated out in the garden! keep up the good work!