Friday, January 30, 2009

Raised Beds, Early July 2008


I planted the garden in stages between the end of May (19th) and mid-June. Here's a photo of the east bed with radishes, lettuce, spinach, peppers, Walla Walla onions, green beans, sugar snap peas and yellow beans.





The west bed with red onions, cucumbers, a bush tomato plant, zucchini , watermelon ,and the beginnings of the corn. The corn didn't germinate very well, so I had to replant it.

This is the garden with its protective covers (aka sheer curtains from the thrift shop over irrigation tubing). We are very likely to have hail during the early summer (as my neighbor warned me) so this is how the little plants were protected. As you can see, I also added mulch around the beds which we can get for free during the summer here.



Here are my little potatoes, growing nicely.... you can see the 2-section compost bin as well which is built from salvaged 2x4s and used chicken wire.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: