Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just a little somethin' to look at...

Ok, I'll admit it, I've been slackin' on the garden work lately. I have done some cleanup and I started to move the mulch pile (that's been sitting by my driveway for months now) to refresh the mulch between the garden beds, but alas, I have not finished yet. I keep forgetting to go out and even check on my poor little lettuce plants (they did survive the cold and snow though). Since I don't really have much to report garden-wise, I thought I'd post a few pictures from my trip to Vermont in October.








Posted by Picasa





Ok, so this one is back in Colorado... they just look so sweet I had to post it.

I always put bandanas on them for Halloween - they just look friendlier that way. I also put a baby gate between the doors so when I open it for trick-or-treaters, the dogs can say hi to the kiddos but can't go out (or scare any of them too much).
Wilson has a bandaged paw because he ripped another toenail (second one in a month). The vet had to remove the nail and he had to be bandaged for 5 days. He's doing fine now.
Hopefully I'll have more garden progress to report soon. I'd better get that mulch pile moved soon- I think it will just add to the depth of my cross-driveway snowdrift if I don't get it out of the way. I don't need that bugger to get any deeper than it already does (and a storm's coming soon...likely this weekend).

3 comments:

Toni said...

Amy, you got to go home during peek foliage time!!!! Yeah!!!! I sure miss the beautiful leaves of New England!!! Just not the same here in Wyoming... the cottonwood leaves turn gold at best... and the landscape is BEIGE... different shades of BEIGE...

Thanks for sharing your photos... although it did make me a bit homesick... I miss maple trees!!!!

I hope to find a variety of Maple that can survive in this high desert area!

Amy said...

It's the first time in a LONG LONG time that I've been home in the fall. I was hoping for some more reds but it just wasn't a really red year I guess. It was pretty though. As a kid I never could understand the "leaf peepers". Then I moved west...

Elsa said...

cool!:) 浪花一朵朵,海景民宿,海景工作坊,海景民宿,聽濤閣民宿,鹽寮民宿,海景民宿,南山泛舟,慈濟精舍,親水公園,宇宙樂園,南濱公園,石雕博物館,石藝大街,北濱公園,文教基金會,香草健康世界,森林公園,兆豐休閒農場,文史工作室,遊憩區,太魯閣,海景民宿,海景民宿,魚爸的家,聽濤閣民宿,海景民宿,經典海岸,海明蔚民宿,豐廬居,海景民宿,海景民宿,豐興餅舖,曾記麻糬,餅舖,宗泰食品,光復糖廠,柴魚博物館,德利豆乾,傅家茶坊,豐春冰果室,山西烙餅,太監雞,佳興冰果室,剝皮辣椒,鍾家臘肉,彭記擂茶,包心粉圓,葉記香腸,夏都,凱撒,福華,英國茶館,奧地利鄉廚,美食館,義大利麵,無煙燒肉,日本料理,鄉村玫瑰館,鳥福居酒屋,牛排館,徐家啥鍋,南瓜海鮮麵,濃稠香郁,墨魚醬汁,蛋黃麵,卡波,單餅,南歐風情,西餐廳